Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Packaging or Filling Machine Operator / Tender is $16.62
What Do Packaging or Filling Machine Operator / Tenders Do?
A packaging or filling machine operator ensures that all packages are securely fashioned and have the necessary packaging to ensure proper delivery and handling. The operator fills packages of various sizes with the appropriate material to ensure that the item will not be damaged during shipment; this includes using materials such as packing peanuts and bubble wrap to ensure the item will remain intact inside the box, as well as proper adhesives to ensure that the box will remain shut during …Read more
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle of product.
- Clean and remove damaged or otherwise inferior materials to prepare raw products for processing.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Regulate machine flow, speed or temperature.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.