Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Patient Advocate is $17.10 in 2023
What Do Patient Advocates Do?
Patient advocates assist patients being treated at a medical facility, and they help answer any questions or concerns the patients may have regarding their care and the health care system. The patient advocate acts as a liaison, facilitating communication between the patient and medical professional during the patient's stay in the health care facility. The advocate's duties vary depending on their employer, but they generally include interacting with newly admitted patients, documenting and …Read more
- Serve as intermediary between health care organization and patients, and patients' relatives in resolving patient care problems.
- Prepare incident reports for potential legal issues.
- Describe and interpret health care procedures and policies to patients.
- Convey questions, complaints, problems, and concerns of patients to proper personnel.
- Resolve patients' complaints and grievances.
FAQs About Patient Advocates
What is the highest pay for Patient Advocates in Jacksonville?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Patient Advocate in Jacksonville is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Patient Advocates in Jacksonville?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Patient Advocate in Jacksonville is $NaN / hour
How can Patient Advocates increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Patient Advocate is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Patient Advocate that oversees more junior Patient Advocates, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.