Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Pipeline Controller is $33.50
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Pipeline Controllers?
An entry-level Pipeline Controller with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $27.52 based on 14 salaries. An early career Pipeline Controller with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $31.56 based on 66 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Pipeline Controllers Do?
Pipeline controllers works with liquid delivery systems at factories, refineries and power plants. They help monitor and control the in- and outflow of liquids such as water, oil and various other fuels (typically delivered by pipeline networks). The controller monitors and ensures the proper flow of such liquid materials into the plant for processing or out of a refinery for delivery to suppliers and customers. He or she helps monitor the safety of pipeline and storage operations within these …Read more
- Monitor and analyze gathering systems and pipeline operations.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance and unscheduled outages with field operations.
- Monitor system performance and capacity, making proper notification of equipment needing repair or calibration.
- Communicate daily with field operations.
- Monitor pressure, temperature and volume using company computer system to ensure safe receipt and delivery of volumes.