The average salary for a Plant Manager, Manufacturing with Manufacturing Process Engineering skills in Houston, Texas is $119,724.
Is Plant Manager, Manufacturing your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$79k - $133k
$14k - $30k
$83k - $156k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Plant Manager, Manufacturing
Manufacturing plant managers combine oversight of day-to-day manufacturing operations with "birds-eye" analysis of efficiency and productivity. Manufacturing plant managers also ensure safety policies are enforced stringently and set identifiable goals and objectives for staff. While face-to-face interactions are an essential part of the position, a crucial component of the job is communicating with upper management on trends on plant performance, forecasts for future performances, and other iss…Read more
Plant Manager, Manufacturing Tasks
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of production facility, including maintenance, quality assurance, design, engineering and administration.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities between departments.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
Explore the most common career paths for Plant Manager, Manufacturing. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Plant Manager, Manufacturing
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Plant Manager, Manufacturing Job Listings
Popular Skills for Plant Manager, Manufacturing
Skills in Leadership are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include People Management, Lean Manufacturing, Production Management and Operations Management.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Plant Manager, Manufacturing in their job title in Detroit, Michigan earn an average of 8.2% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Louisville, Kentucky (44.7% less), Salt Lake City, Utah (37.4% less) and Dallas, Texas (36.3% less).
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$28k - $55k
$32k - $67k
$32k - $70k
$48k - $111k
$53k - $98k
$28k - $52k
$34k - $68k
$37k - $77k
$42k - $76k