Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Plant Supervisor is $62,459
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Plant Supervisors?
An entry-level Plant Supervisor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,185 based on 11 salaries. An early career Plant Supervisor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $57,854 based on 95 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Plant Supervisors Do?
Plant supervisors are in charge of a particular plant or location for their company. They are responsible for monitoring employee work schedules, balancing employees' workloads and keeping track of hours and overtime pay. Plant supervisors also oversee a budget, as well as conduct hiring and training for new employees. Additionally, plant supervisors must resolve any grievances among employees and should therefore be adept at listening to complaints and solving problems with employees. These …Read more
- Direct and supervise manufacturing process from acquisition of supplies to final delivery.
- Analyze and solve work and equipment problems.
- Monitor and ensure a ready flow of inventory.
- Understand, implement, and enforce state and federal policies and regulations, including ensuring a safe working environment.
- Manage staff and equipment schedules, downtime, training, and maintenance.