Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Preschool Teacher Assistant is $11.73
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Preschool Teacher Assistants?
An entry-level Preschool Teacher Assistant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $11.24 based on 53 salaries. An early career Preschool Teacher Assistant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.41 based on 275 …Read more
What Do Preschool Teacher Assistants Do?
Preschool teacher assistants work in early childhood education and care, typically alongside one or more teachers to provide assistance and help in preparing classroom activities and offering basic supervision and care for young children. The role of the preschool assistant may vary by employer, but typically involves a variety of duties that incorporate both education and child care.
One of the main jobs of a preschool teacher assistant is to help set up activities for the teacher, which can …Read more
- Assist teacher with preparation and facilitation of daily activities, such as games, crafts, and field trips.
- Assess children's' emotional and developmental needs through evaluation and parent-teacher conferences.
- Attend to children's basic needs, such as toileting, feeding, and maintaining nap schedules.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom.
- Ensure supervision of children and enforce school policy.