The average hourly pay for a Preschool Teacher Assistant in Phoenix, Arizona is $11.00.
Is Preschool Teacher Assistant your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$9 - $12
$19,461 - $24,750
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Preschool Teacher Assistant
Preschool teacher assistants work in early childhood education and care, typically alongside one or more teachers to provide assistance and help in preparing classroom activities and offering basic supervision and care for young children. The role of the preschool assistant may vary by employer, but typically involves a variety of duties that incorporate both education and child care. One of the main jobs of a preschool teacher assistant is to help set up activities for the teacher, which can i…Read more
Preschool Teacher Assistant Tasks
- Assist teacher with preparation and facilitation of daily activities, such as games, crafts, and field trips.
- Assess children's' emotional and developmental needs through evaluation and parent-teacher conferences.
- Attend to children's basic needs, such as toileting, feeding, and maintaining nap schedules.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom.
- Ensure supervision of children and enforce school policy.
Preschool Teacher Assistant Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Preschool Teacher Assistant in their job title in Seattle, Washington earn an average of 27.3% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Chicago, Illinois (16.9% more) and New York, New York (13.3% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Baltimore, Maryland (9.1% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $22
$8 - $12
$12 - $30
$10 - $22
$8 - $15
$10 - $20
$12 - $25
$10 - $18