The average hourly pay for a Preschool Teacher Assistant with Activities for Children skills at Head Start is $11.00.
Is Preschool Teacher Assistant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$10 - $13
$20,665 - $27,456
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Preschool Teacher Assistant
Preschool teacher assistants work in early childhood education and care, typically alongside one or more teachers to provide assistance and help in preparing classroom activities and offering basic supervision and care for young children. The role of the preschool assistant may vary by employer, but typically involves a variety of duties that incorporate both education and child care. One of the main jobs of a preschool teacher assistant is to help set up activities for the teacher, which can i…Read more
Preschool Teacher Assistant Tasks
- Assist teacher with preparation and facilitation of daily activities, such as games, crafts, and field trips.
- Assess children's' emotional and developmental needs through evaluation and parent-teacher conferences.
- Attend to children's basic needs, such as toileting, feeding, and maintaining nap schedules.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom.
- Ensure supervision of children and enforce school policy.
Explore the most common career paths for Preschool Teacher Assistant. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Preschool Teacher Assistant
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Preschool Teacher Assistant Job Listings
Popular Skills for Preschool Teacher Assistant
Avg. Hourly Rate
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $21
$12 - $29
$8 - $12
$10 - $22
$8 - $14
$10 - $20
$12 - $25
$10 - $18