Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Principal / Headmaster is $87,355
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Principal / Headmasters?
An entry-level Principal / Headmaster with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,958 based on 7 salaries. An early career Principal / Headmaster with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $65,665 based on 48 salaries. …Read more
What Do Principal / Headmasters Do?
School principals and headmasters serve as the head of their school and are ultimately responsible for the performance of teachers, students, and other employees. To perform the job successfully, principals must have teaching, managerial, and planning skills, as well as the ability to communicate the school’s performance and needs to school board members and other leaders within the school district. Additionally, they must communicate the needs, expectations and requirements of the school to …Read more
- Oversee school administration, curriculum, programs, services, and resources.
- Communicate school goals and needs to parents, the community, and the school board.
- Establish academic and behavioral standards for students and administer student discipline.
- Ensure compliance with all laws, implement emergency plans, and establish safety regulations.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate school teaching staff, administrative staff, kitchen staff, and custodians.