Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Printing Machine Operator is $15.28
What Do Printing Machine Operators Do?
A printing machine operator carries out printing operations via the use of various equipment, which usually involves printing on paper but can involve other mediums. Binding finished results may also be a part of the job. Prior to a job being carried out, the machine operator should follow client requests, align tools properly, and match colors as necessary.
Sometimes the operator will work directly with clients, so strong customer service skills are important. There are often productivity …Read more
- Maintain press supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintain production and quality by inspecting random production samples.
- Minimize downtime by troubleshooting stoppages and breakdown.
- Change over jobs by removing ink and paper, cleaning parts and components.
- Complete press operations by preventive maintenance requirements.