The average hourly pay for a Printing Machine Operator with Machine Operation skills in Houston, Texas is $12.75.
Is Printing Machine Operator your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$12 - $16
$24,155 - $35,232
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Printing Machine Operator
A printing machine operator carries out printing operations via the use of various equipment, which usually involves printing on paper but can involve other mediums. Binding finished results may also be a part of the job. Prior to a job being carried out, the machine operator should follow client requests, align tools properly, and match colors as necessary. Sometimes the operator will work directly with clients, so strong customer service skills are important. There are often productivity goa…Read more
Printing Machine Operator Tasks
- Maintain press supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintain production and quality by inspecting random production samples.
- Minimize downtime by troubleshooting stoppages and breakdown.
- Change over jobs by removing ink and paper, cleaning parts and components.
- Complete press operations by preventive maintenance requirements.
Printing Machine Operator Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Printing Machine Operator in their job title in Chicago, Illinois earn an average of 72.5% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Tampa, Florida (46.0% more) and Green Bay, Wisconsin (37.6% more).
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $28
$12 - $26
$11 - $21
$14 - $29
$16 - $53
$14 - $35
$14 - $29
$13 - $26