Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Privacy Officer is $83,577
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Privacy Officers?
An early career Privacy Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $71,876 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Privacy Officer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $98,264 based on 19 salaries. An experienced Privacy Officer …Read more
What Do Privacy Officers Do?
- Audit compliance to privacy policies, reporting on findings.
- Answer questions about privacy, regulations, laws, and reporting.
- Assist with and conduct risk assessments and risk reduction strategies.
- Respond to breaches and privacy problems, working to mitigate exposure.
- Train and educate staff and vendors on privacy policies, explaining consequences.
FAQs About Privacy Officers
What is the highest pay for Privacy Officers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Privacy Officer is $149k / year
What is the lowest pay for Privacy Officers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Privacy Officer is $62k / year
How can Privacy Officers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Privacy Officer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Privacy Officer that oversees more junior Privacy Officers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.