Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Privacy Officer is $108,342
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Privacy Officers?
A mid-career Privacy Officer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $111,655 based on 5 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $107,500.
What Do Privacy Officers Do?
- Audit compliance to privacy policies, reporting on findings.
- Answer questions about privacy, regulations, laws, and reporting.
- Assist with and conduct risk assessments and risk reduction strategies.
- Respond to breaches and privacy problems, working to mitigate exposure.
- Train and educate staff and vendors on privacy policies, explaining consequences.