Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Produce Clerk (Grocery) is $10.68
What Do Produce Clerk (Grocery)s Do?
Produce clerk ensure a grocery store's fruits and vegetables are safely handled and displayed in a pleasing way to customers. They should know procedures for the safe handling of produce, and they must follow these rules at all times, as well as maintain a clean, organized work environment. Additionally, a produce clerk must rotate product as required by the store management. In many produce departments, part of the clerk’s job involves safely and properly using slicers, knives, scales, …Read more
- Fill customer order by obtaining items from shelves, freezers, coolers, bins, tables or containers.
- Clean shelves, bins, cases, tables and coolers.
- Engage in suggestive selling methods.
- Bag or wrap purchases for customer or for display.
- Rotate product according to company methods and procedures.