Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Product Development Director is $73,500
What Do Product Development Directors Do?
Product development directors oversee the development and delivery of products on behalf of their company. They are responsible for managing the idea generation, planning, design, development, and implementation of products. Product development directors support life cycle and launch activities for products developed within the organization, and they use a personal computer as one of their main tools to keep track of product development, communicate with partners, and modify reports. …Read more
- Review new product ideas, present them to management, and work with other departments to determine feasibility.
- Determine the cost of production.
- Conduct market research to determine consumer needs and identify competitors.
- Ensure products are produced according to design, quality, and price specifications.
- Supervise product development process, coordinating department objectives and schedules.