Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Public Affairs Specialist is $63,010
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Public Affairs Specialists?
An entry-level Public Affairs Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $52,105 based on 11 salaries. An early career Public Affairs Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $58,160 based on 87 …Read more
What Do Public Affairs Specialists Do?
Public affairs specialists are responsible for raising awareness for their organization and its services, ensuring that their organization is viewed in a positive light. They frequently work with media and other outside individuals and organizations through tasks such as conducting news conferences, distributing news releases, and planning and hosting events. They also produce a wide variety of materials for distribution to the media and general public, such as news releases, presentations, …Read more
- Develop materials to promote agency's services for web sites, news releases, and public presentations.
- Coordinate agency's communications with media and government representatives.
- Serve as spokesperson for the agency.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and the media.
- Serve as adviser to agency leaders.