Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Public Information Officer is $94,882
What Do Public Information Officers Do?
A public information officer is generally employed within a government agency, and this person is primarily responsible for maintaining positive public relations between the government and the citizens. This position will typically work within an office type of environment. However, light travel is often required. This can be a part-time position for smaller agencies and governments. Oftentimes, the hours required of this person can be during evenings and weekends. This person will typically …Read more
- Work closely with the communications team, agency leadership and at-large staff to develop digital and social media content to achieve agency strategic priorities.
- Monitor and report on results using analytic tools, and make ongoing improvements.
- Design and implement techniques that support effective use of digital and social media by agency staff and partners.
- Use a variety of social media platforms to converse with key stakeholders, and to increase engagement and interaction with agency customers.
- Coordinate and execute social media campaigns to achieve mission-driven goals.