The average salary for a Public Relations Assistant with Marketing Communications skills in Los Angeles, California is $39,996.
Is Public Relations Assistant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$31k - $43k
$0 - $2k
$25k - $46k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Public Relations Assistant
Public relations assistant support the managerial staff of the public relations department with media interactions. They perform a number of duties, such as writing press releases, staffing events, editing videos, and contacting news organizations and members of the public. They also perform other duties within their department as required; for example, they may perform marketing duties as well. Professionals in this position may be able to advance within their department as they gain experienc…Read more
Public Relations Assistant Tasks
- Write press releases, event listings, website, and social media content to promote products or services.
- Assist with event planning and execution.
- Reach out to media contacts and the public to publicize events or products.
- Track, archive, and analyze all media coverage, reviews and web analytics.
- Update and maintain calendars of events, editorial deadlines, and releases.
Public Relations Assistant Job Listings
Popular Skills for Public Relations Assistant
Media / Public Relations
Social Media Marketing
Skills that pay less than market rate include Event Planning, Social Media Marketing, Press Releases and Media / Public Relations.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 11 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$32k - $62k
$33k - $57k
$42k - $99k
$46k - $149k
$36k - $70k
$48k - $111k
$37k - $77k
$28k - $55k
$44k - $84k
$35k - $74k