Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Public Relations Assistant is $37,500
What Do Public Relations Assistants Do?
Public relations assistant support the managerial staff of the public relations department with media interactions. They perform a number of duties, such as writing press releases, staffing events, editing videos, and contacting news organizations and members of the public. They also perform other duties within their department as required; for example, they may perform marketing duties as well. Professionals in this position may be able to advance within their department as they gain …Read more
- Write press releases, event listings, website, and social media content to promote products or services.
- Assist with event planning and execution.
- Reach out to media contacts and the public to publicize events or products.
- Track, archive, and analyze all media coverage, reviews and web analytics.
- Update and maintain calendars of events, editorial deadlines, and releases.