Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Ranch Manager is $45,126
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Ranch Managers?
An early career Ranch Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $41,793 based on 48 salaries. A mid-career Ranch Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $44,094 based on 50 salaries. An experienced Ranch Manager with …Read more
What Do Ranch Managers Do?
A ranch manager is generally responsible for coordinating the operation and management of a ranch. This person is not necessarily its owner, although the position does require the owner's presence on the property on a near-daily basis. Depending on the owner's specifications, this position may require an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a field such as Agricultural Management; however, most owners prefer on-the-job training and experience.
Additional certifications are also available in …Read more
- Supervise ranch operations, scheduling workers and meeting budget goals.
- Maintain a neat and sober public appearance.
- Interact with the public and promote the ranch's visibility and services and products.
- Keep records on animals, workers, inventory and other ranch information.
- Monitor animals, equipment and land, ensuring proper maintenance and upkeep.