The average hourly pay for a Relationship Banker in Washington, District of Columbia is $18.41.
Is Relationship Banker your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$17 - $20
$1,474 - $3,052
$0 - $1,500
$0 - $2,500
$32,232 - $60,571
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Relationship Banker
A relationship banker is an employee of a bank or other lending institution that is responsible for dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis. This may mean being assigned specific clients or patrons and subsequently handling all transactions and assistance for them, or it may simply mean that the banker works in the front of the bank, dealing with most personal interactions that require expert help that tellers cannot provide. This is a position that has become more crucial for banks as more…Read more
Relationship Banker Tasks
- Qualify potential members for membership by opening checking accounts, savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and processing loan applications.
- Identify the needs of members by cross-selling and up-selling products and referring them to a personal banker.
- Authorize, approve, and research transactions; perform overrides, approve check holds, and make check cashing decisions.
- Process a variety of teller transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers.
- Provide knowledge of products and services to consult with new members to identify products and services that best fit their needs.
Relationship Banker Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Relationship Banker
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Banking, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Sales and Customer Service are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Customer Relations.
Pay by Experience Level for Relationship Banker
An early career Relationship Banker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.41 based on 14 salaries. An experienced Relationship Banker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $0.00 based on 5 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Relationship Banker in their job title in Boston, Massachusetts earn an average of 7.3% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (0.4% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Chicago, Illinois (17.4% less), Dallas, Texas (13.3% less) and Houston, Texas (9.0% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 19 survey responses.