Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Religious Education Director is $40,147
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Religious Education Directors?
An entry-level Religious Education Director with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $34,382 based on 16 salaries. An early career Religious Education Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $32,643 based on …Read more
What Do Religious Education Directors Do?
Religious education directors are in charge of organizing and coordinating religious events and activities for a specific denominational group (such as a Catholic school). They provide students with counseling on religious, marital, family and financial issues, as well as on a wide variety of social issues that may arise from time to time. They serve as role models and important family-like figures for those who attend religious schools as they are depended upon for a great amount of guidance …Read more
- Provide children's programming for the church school year in coordination with the religious education committee.
- Present children's story/ message during Sunday worship services.
- Provide leadership and coordination of Sunday School program for children.
- Plan and provide inter-generational services along with the minister.
- Promote the religious education program through the church newsletter.