Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Salon Manager is $14.01
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Salon Managers?
An entry-level Salon Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.03 based on 9 salaries. An early career Salon Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $13.24 based on 239 salaries. A mid-career Salon …Read more
What Do Salon Managers Do?
Many beauty salons and spas offer a variety of services, and it is the salon manager’s job to ensure that each aspect runs smoothly. They oversee the daily activities of the salon and ensure that customers are satisfied.
Salons may offer services such as hair and makeup, manicures and pedicures, massage and aromatherapy, facials, and waxing. Salon managers must monitor each of these specific services to ensure top quality and customer satisfaction; if a customer is unhappy with a service or …Read more
- Manage personnel, creating schedules, coordinating and/or providing training and professional development, and conducting payroll.
- Support salon marketing and talent management, recruiting stylists and building salon brand.
- Monitor and assess business performance, establishing plans to meet financial goals and identifying growth opportunities.
- Manage supply inventory and purchasing, track deliveries, and ensure orders remain within budget.
- Manage salon finances, such as budgets, sales, and expenses, and prepare reports for general management.