Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a School Counselor is $65,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for School Counselors?
An early career School Counselor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $42,005 based on 5 salaries. A mid-career School Counselor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $54,000 based on 6 salaries. An experienced School Counselor …Read more
What Do School Counselors Do?
School counselors are tasked with helping students achieve academic goals and personal, social, and professional development; they also help improve new students’ adjustments to school. Those who work in high schools may help students with college choices and serve as liaisons between students and college recruiters.
School counselors work closely with parents/guardians of problematic students and may work with students in either individual or group settings, or both. They may meet …Read more
- Communicate with students, identify obstacles to progress, and work together to overcome them.
- Identify and communicate special needs and mental health challenges.
- Consult with parents or teachers on appropriate strategies, communication methods, and obstacles.
- Intervene in dangerous, challenging, or stressful situations to provide a peaceful, safe environment.
- Listen to students and enable them to connect with support services, teachers, parents, and others.
FAQs About School Counselors
What is the highest pay for School Counselors in Miami?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a School Counselor in Miami is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for School Counselors in Miami?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a School Counselor in Miami is $NaN / year
How can School Counselors increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a School Counselor is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a School Counselor that oversees more junior School Counselors, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.