The average hourly pay for a Screen Printer in New Orleans, Louisiana is $14.55.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Screen Printers Do?
Screen printing is the act of pushing a variety of inks through a stencil and ink-blocking mesh to create unique designs, logos, and messaging on canvas, posters, and (most commonly) t-shirts and other apparel. The individuals who operate the printing tools and machinery are screen printers. Their job combines artistic ability, an eye for graphic design, and an ability to follow and execute the printing needs of customers.
One of the benefits of using screen printing is that it allows the print…Read more
Screen Printer Tasks
- Adjust machinery for optimum speed, registry and print quality.
- Repair, maintain and store production tooling and fixtures.
- Run, adjust and troubleshoot production equipment and machinery.
- Recommend tooling and material handling changes to improve work flow or safety conditions.
- Check production equipment to ensure proper machine set up, registration, ink viscosity and color.
Screen Printer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Screen Printers?
Skills in Machine Operation are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Problem Solving.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Screen Printer in their job title in Denver, Colorado earn an average of 9.1% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Phoenix, Arizona (2.3% more) and Chicago, Illinois (1.3% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Columbus, Ohio (10.7% less), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (6.1% less) and Detroit, Michigan (5.5% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
More Cities for Screen Printer