Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Service Technician, Copy Machines is $18.41
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Service Technician, Copy Machines?
An early career Service Technician, Copy Machines with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.20 based on 47 salaries. A mid-career Service Technician, Copy Machines with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $18.06 based on 25 …Read more
What Do Service Technician, Copy Machines Do?
A service technician for copy machines carries out duties in order to analyze technical problems with copy machines and then corrects these problems so that the copy machines can run smoothly again. The technician may also periodically carry out maintenance duties on copy machines.
Resolving issues with copy machines require a large amount of troubleshooting and problem solving. The problem with the copy machine may have to do with the software. Alternatively, it may have to do with the …Read more
- Troubleshoot and repair copiers by conducting and interpreting diagnostic tests and responding appropriately.
- Interact with users to understand errors or failures and take appropriate action.
- Document actions and log copier status and time spent.
- Inventory supplies and equipment, including parts, ordering and verifying receipt when supplies run low.
- Maintain, clean and replace copiers and their parts.