The average hourly pay for a Spray Painter in Los Angeles, California is $16.00.
Is Spray Painter your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$14 - $22
$32,206 - $45,760
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Spray Painter
coatings to the exterior body sections of cars and trucks. Spray painters may also work as a part of a dedicated paint crew in construction, typically providing exterior paintings and coatings for houses and commercial buildings. In a manufacturing setting, a spray painter typically works with heavy pneumatic equipment that provides an even, steady coating of paint. The painter typically ensures that any reservoirs within the paint system are full and that colors and coatings are properly match…Read more
Spray Painter Tasks
- Use formulas and automated paint mixing equipment to generate appropriate paint mixtures.
- Adjust machine valves to regulate temperature, speed and circulation.
- Operate additional machinery that adds anti-rust property to paints, glaze, or silver and copper solutions.
- Weigh or measure all chemicals, coatings, or paints before use.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality using viscometers and visual inspections.
Spray Painter Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Spray Painter in their job title in Boston, Massachusetts earn an average of 40.6% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Tucson, Arizona (27.2% more) and San Diego, California (25.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Orlando, Florida (3.2% less).
Related Job Salaries
$12 - $30
$12 - $28
$10 - $22
$12 - $22
$14 - $41
$10 - $20
$10 - $18
$10 - $27
$13 - $27
$9 - $16