The average hourly pay for an Entry-Level System Support Specialist is $17.34.
Is System Support Specialist your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$14 - $23
$983 - $4,000
$29,393 - $51,283
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for System Support Specialist
System support specialists are responsible for all aspects of help desk support and technical assistance. They must address a wide variety of user issues, including software problems, hardware failures, and network issues. They are responsible for creating and maintaining user accounts and information. When a user submits a ticket or otherwise contacts the help desk, system support specialists track the ticket/issue and work to identify the problem using standard practices and their own experi…Read more
System Support Specialist Tasks
- Design, develop, and test interfaces and upgrades to existing systems.
- Monitor the system, set up automated alerts, and performance notifications to proactively address problems.
- Train end users in access, security, use, and customization of programs and software.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, monitor, and diagnose application and system problems to enable ongoing business.
- Respond to problems in workflow or unmet business needs with strategies and potential solutions.
System Support Specialist Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for System Support Specialist
An early career System Support Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.21 based on 181 salaries. A mid-career System Support Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.61 based on 118 salaries. An experienced System Support Specialist with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $25.37 based on 98 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $27.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 422 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$28k - $55k
$33k - $68k
$28k - $53k
$44k - $87k
$60k - $125k
$12k - $43k
$53k - $132k
$24k - $74k
$42k - $84k