Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) is $129,938
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Technical Program Manager (TPM)s?
A mid-career Technical Program Manager (TPM) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $134,856 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $134,912 based on 8 …Read more
What Do Technical Program Manager (TPM)s Do?
Technical program managers (TPMs) are in charge of handling all aspects of technical projects for their organization. They are responsible for initiating programs, following their progress, and serving as support providers in case issues arise. They coordinate efforts among workers and outside vendors, as well as develop effective schedules and suggest action items that still need to be complete to successfully complete the project.
In addition to these tasks, technical project managers track …Read more
- Drive new products and features through the development process.
- Gather and create product requirements and specifications.
- Make sure project meets deadlines and is completed within budget.
- Review and test code to ensure it works properly.
- Provide technical leadership, but not line management of cross functional teams.