Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Underwriting Assistant is $44,000
What Do Underwriting Assistants Do?
The assistant underwriter assists the lead underwriter in assessing customers' eligibility for products such as mortgages, insurance, and credit. They may work in a variety of fields, such as bank underwriting, insurance underwriting, and real estate underwriting. In all fields, assistant underwriters must cultivate good relationships with clients and be able to obtain client information quickly and accurately. They must be able to accurately assess risks while remaining within their …Read more
- Assist underwriting agents in their duties.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of premium rates.
- Assist business development of new business opportunities with sales and marketing efforts.
- Assist in the evaluation and monitoring of loss potential/control from catastrophic events.
- Enter, review and maintain accurate records of new policies and renewals.