Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a User Experience Director is $138,908
What is the Pay by Experience Level for User Experience Directors?
An early career User Experience Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $107,136 based on 34 salaries. A mid-career User Experience Director with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $131,471 based on 91 salaries. An …Read more
What Do User Experience Directors Do?
User experience directors are in charge of overseeing user experience features for software on behalf of their organization. They are responsible for facilitating communication among user experience professionals, as well as helping design products and/or applications using customer feedback and market trends. One of this director's main duties includes creating an engaging user experience to increase customer satisfaction and brand loyalty. They develop design specifications using diagrams and …Read more
- Design, conduct, and evaluate studies to understand and improve user experience, documenting requirements.
- Work directly with clients to identify requirements and ensure a positive experience.
- Train, mentor, and supervise a team of designers and user experts.
- Create mock-ups and track metrics related to identifiable factors that change user experience.
- Create and implement strategies that improve user experience through design.