Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Vice President (VP), Engineering is $171,996
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Vice President (VP), Engineerings?
An entry-level Vice President (VP), Engineering with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $142,456 based on 6 salaries. An early career Vice President (VP), Engineering with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $134,802 …Read more
What Do Vice President (VP), Engineerings Do?
Engineering vice presidents (VPs) have extraordinary computer knowledge in addition to a good sense of business practices and customer service. They are responsible for overseeing the engineering or research and development departments, and they generally report to the president or CEO. Engineering VPs can manage or oversee teams of engineers or developers and the projects and testing with which they are tasked.
Ultimately, the VPs' goal is to ensure that the engineering portion of their …Read more
- Analyze available technology, market needs and existing resources to determine project feasibility.
- Lead the engineering team, including coaching, allocating resources effectively and reviewing team performance.
- Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
- Coordinate and direct teams to complete projects, including documentation and integration of technical components.
- Guide and approve financial decisions including ordering of materials, expenditures and reporting.