Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Vice President (VP), Engineering is $199,925
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Vice President (VP), Engineerings?
An experienced Vice President (VP), Engineering with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $159,844 based on 5 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $202,469.
What Do Vice President (VP), Engineerings Do?
Engineering vice presidents (VPs) have extraordinary computer knowledge in addition to a good sense of business practices and customer service. They are responsible for overseeing the engineering or research and development departments, and they generally report to the president or CEO. Engineering VPs can manage or oversee teams of engineers or developers and the projects and testing with which they are tasked.
Ultimately, the VPs' goal is to ensure that the engineering portion of their …Read more
- Coordinate and direct teams to complete projects, including documentation and integration of technical components.
- Guide and approve financial decisions including ordering of materials, expenditures and reporting.
- Ensure that the product is fully and correctly defined and documented.
- Analyze available technology, market needs and existing resources to determine project feasibility.
- Lead the engineering team, including coaching, allocating resources effectively and reviewing team performance.