Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Waste Management Engineer is $16.56
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Waste Management Engineers?
An early career Waste Management Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.75 based on 19 salaries. An experienced Waste Management Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.70 based on 6 salaries. In their …Read more
What Do Waste Management Engineers Do?
Waste management engineers are in charge of facilitating the correct processing and managing of waste on behalf of their organization. They are responsible for developing strategies for reuse and discarding waste in an efficient manner. These individuals use their technical abilities to engineer hardware and position machinery at certain points, in order to increase production and minimize costs.
Among their main duties are creating innovative sanitary solutions to dispose of waste. They also …Read more
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety management and training programs, procedures, and regulations.
- Lead waste management team, directing activities and monitoring policy and practice compliance.
- Conduct or oversee waste process testing, taking and measuring samples and recording results.
- Track and review documentation and recordkeeping procedures, coordinating or conducting audits.
- Manage waste storage and facility inspections to ensure proper waste disposal.