Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Human Resources (HR) Assistant is R116,653
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Human Resources (HR) Assistants?
An early career Human Resources (HR) Assistant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R125,145 based on 136 salaries. A mid-career Human Resources (HR) Assistant with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R163,975 based on 16 …Read more
What Do Human Resources (HR) Assistants Do?
Human resources (HR) assistants are responsible for facilitating HR processes, communicating with employees, and representing their company in all staff matters. These professionals are in charge of completing administrative paperwork, regarding new hires, termination, benefits, and other workplace programs.
They have strong interpersonal skills to solve workplace issues about wages, overtime rules, absences, and other day-to-day operations. Human resources (HR) assistants participate in work …Read more
- Supports employment area with scheduling interviews, handling reference checks and personnel changes.
- Provides overall administrative support to the HR department, including maintaining, processing documentation and records.
- Compiles and prepares data for statistical reporting.
- Answer employee questions about policy and procedures, and refers to specialist as needed.
- Assist in projects, such as; HR events, benefits open enrollment, employee communications and company-wide meetings.