Director of Program Management, Aerospace Salary
A Director of Program Management, Aerospace earns an average salary of $150,000 per year. Most people in this job have more than five years' experience in related jobs. A skill in Program Management is associated with high pay for this job.
Job Description for Director of Program Management, Aerospace
A director of program management, aerospace is a high level position inside a very exciting field. You will be leading various projects that explore the universe and take science to the next levels of discovery. As director, you will oversee various projects going on simultaneously, watch for progress in their missions, and keep them on budget. Individual project managers will report to you periodically on their progress, and it's your job to ensure their success. You may be working for a government entity, such as NASA, or for the private sector, such as the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, CA.Read More...
Requirements for this job are very specific. You much have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as astronomy, astrophysics, or aerospace engineering. Next, you must have experience leading a team and conducting various projects. Next, you must have good interpersonal skills, as you will be working with a large amount of scientists and bureaucrats.
You will be working in an office setting, but you will be required to visit lab sites to monitor progress. Travel is required in this field, as aerospace research takes place all over the globe. Hours can vary alongside the projects, but the usual work hours are normal business hours. For someone who is highly experienced in the aerospace field, becoming a director of program management is the next great step in your career.
Director of Program Management, Aerospace Tasks
- Manage aerospace programs, directing program managers and administrators on strategy and budget and timeline adherence.
- Assess program risks and implement process alterations and improvements.
- Oversee or direct purchase order management, policy and procedure compliance, contract negotiations, and program budgets.
- Manage relationships with potential and existing clients and vendors, including airlines and aircraft manufacturers.
- Monitor status of active programs, ensuring contract objectives are fulfilled and resolving complex issues.
Director of Program Management, Aerospace Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Director of Program Management, Aerospace
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 5 votes.