Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Director, Child Care is AU$33.79
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director, Child Cares?
An entry-level Director, Child Care with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$31.54 based on 5 salaries. An early career Director, Child Care with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$31.86 based on 62 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Director, Child Cares Do?
Directors of child care oversee child care facilities and supervise any teachers, teaching assistants, and child care associates working in the facility. They also oversee the hiring of new employees and train new hires for their appointed positions. They collaborate with parents to determine the educational needs of each child and ensure that the teachers and other employees are meeting those needs. Directors of child care support the facility's teachers and teaching assistants in their daily …Read more
- Allocate funds for staff, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Recruit, select and retain quality staff.
- Set educational standards and goals, and establish programs to carry them out.
- Ensure an educational, caring and safe environment for children enrolled in child care.
- Direct operation of child care center or preschool.