The average salary for a Sales Team Leader, Retail in Melbourne, Victoria is AU$53,444.
Is Sales Team Leader, Retail your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
AU$41k - AU$76k
AU$0 - AU$2k
AU$41k - AU$76k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Sales Team Leader, Retail
A retail sales team leader holds a supervisory position directing the sales team in a retail environment. It is their job to help implement a company’s sales strategy and ensure that the rest of the sales team adheres to these guidelines. The team leader may be asked to help establish new strategies or contribute to existing systems; they then work to help implement and train the staff on executing sales techniques and services within this framework. Retail sales team leaders supervise the staf…Read more
Sales Team Leader, Retail Tasks
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales team and take steps to correct performance.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a highly-motivated sales team that consistently exceeds customer expectations and provides world-class customer service.
- Develop retail sales training materials to target low-performing areas and assist team members in improving their sales metrics.
- Oversee sales staff to ensure that all sales goals are regularly met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with upper management to create project plans and set appropriate benchmarks for sales team.
Sales Team Leader, Retail Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Sales Team Leader, Retail
Skills that pay less than market rate include Sales Management, Sales, Customer Service and Team Leadership.
Pay by Experience Level for Sales Team Leader, Retail
An early career Sales Team Leader, Retail with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$61,033 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Sales Team Leader, Retail with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$55,496 based on 7 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Sales Team Leader, Retail in their job title in Adelaide, South Australia earn an average of 23.7% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Sydney, New South Wales (21.6% more) and Perth, Western Australia (8.0% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 18 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
AU$40k - AU$101k
AU$55k - AU$135k
AU$43k - AU$68k
AU$29k - AU$51k
AU$0 - AU$47k
AU$42k - AU$65k
AU$57k - AU$172k
AU$47k - AU$68k
AU$32k - AU$55k
AU$37k - AU$75k