The average hourly pay for a Security Guard in Hobart, Tasmania is AU$20.48.
Is Security Guard your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
AU$19 - AU$24
AU$39,520 - AU$60,694
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Security Guard
Security guards provide low-level protection for companies and organizations which usually involves patrolling the premises, either by foot or in a company vehicle (of course, a valid driver’s license is required in order to drive company vehicles). Security guards patrol for suspicious or dangerous activity that might be detrimental to the safety of the facility or any people present. If a person at or in the facility is in violation of particular rules or policies, the guard must correct the s…Read more
Security Guard Tasks
- Guard and monitor premises to prevent theft, property destruction, violence or rules and safety violations.
- Perform fire prevention, safety and maintenance tasks and parking/traffic enforcement.
- Greet incoming guests and tenants, providing information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
- Respond to alarms and emergency situations.
- Make periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
Explore the most common career paths for Security Guard. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Security Guard Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Security Guard in their job title in Gold Coast, Queensland earn an average of 18.8% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Adelaide, South Australia (17.1% more) and Brisbane, Queensland (12.3% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT) (0.6% less).