Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for an Auto Glass Technician is C$24.61
What Do Auto Glass Technicians Do?
An auto glass technician is the person who is responsible for installing and repairing automotive glass. This is a position that can typically be found at an auto body repair shop, and it is both physically and mentally demanding. This person will work within a garage setting, but he or she may still be exposed to outdoor elements, as some have minimal protection. This person will generally keep weekday, daytime hours. However, this can be dependent upon the employer.
An auto glass …Read more
- Verify and check parts before beginning repair.
- Install replacement glass in vehicles after removing damaged parts.
- Prepare and prime vehicle by removing debris from glass and window edges.
- Prepare installation by marking outlines or patterns and cutting glass.
- Inspect work to ensure the vehicle is delivered with a fit and finish equal or superior to the original factory fit and finish.