Avg. Base Hourly Rate (CAD)
The average hourly pay for an Auto Glass Technician is C$23.47 in 2023
What Do Auto Glass Technicians Do?
An auto glass technician is the person who is responsible for installing and repairing automotive glass. This is a position that can typically be found at an auto body repair shop, and it is both physically and mentally demanding. This person will work within a garage setting, but he or she may still be exposed to outdoor elements, as some have minimal protection. This person will generally keep weekday, daytime hours. However, this can be dependent upon the employer.
An auto glass …Read more
- Verify and check parts before beginning repair.
- Install replacement glass in vehicles after removing damaged parts.
- Prepare and prime vehicle by removing debris from glass and window edges.
- Prepare installation by marking outlines or patterns and cutting glass.
- Inspect work to ensure the vehicle is delivered with a fit and finish equal or superior to the original factory fit and finish.
FAQs About Auto Glass Technicians
What is the highest pay for Auto Glass Technicians?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an Auto Glass Technician is CA$28.38 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Auto Glass Technicians?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an Auto Glass Technician is CA$15.32 / hour
How can Auto Glass Technicians increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an Auto Glass Technician is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an Auto Glass Technician that oversees more junior Auto Glass Technicians, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.