The average salary for a Mid-Career Development Officer with Event Planning skills in Canada is C$53,570.
Is Development Officer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
C$48k - C$58k
C$50k - C$58k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Development Officer
Development officers are in charge of funding- and donor-related activities for their organization. They coordinate fundraising initiatives and collect current and prospective donor information. They cultivate professional relationships with individuals, foundations, and other agencies; they also provide continuous support to company marketing efforts. Most of the time, development officers must use research databases to effectively identify possible benefactors; they document all donations an…Read more
Development Officer Tasks
- Cultivate, solicit and provide attentive stewardship for philanthropic donors.
- Manage donor events, including identifying guests and coordinating organizational support for events.
- Work with marketing and program staff to customize materials for successful marketing and solicitation.
- Increase the number and quality of donor prospects through individual visits, research, donor database management and networking.
- Manage portfolio prospects, using focused strategic approaches.
Development Officer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Development Officer
Major Gifts Fundraising
Skills in Fundraising are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Marketing Communications, Major Gifts Fundraising, Event Management and Donor Relations.
Pay by Experience Level for Development Officer
An early career Development Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$54,666 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Development Officer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$54,750 based on 6 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 16 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
C$35k - C$54k
C$50k - C$104k
C$43k - C$87k
C$40k - C$70k
C$39k - C$67k
C$33k - C$56k
C$44k - C$105k
C$46k - C$122k
C$52k - C$102k
C$49k - C$109k