The average salary for a Gym Manager in United Kingdom is £23,916.
Is Gym Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
£16k - £30k
£197 - £4k
£0 - £5k
£16k - £34k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Gym Manager
Gym managers ensure gyms and fitness clubs run smoothly. Some common duties include preparing financial projections for owners, analyzing foot traffic and overall gym popularity, managing inventory, and ordering supplies and equipment. They also recruit, hire, and manage trainers and other workers, as well as arrange for cleaning and repairs, design ads, and ensure gym members receive excellent customer service. Gym managers are hired by many employers, including universities, sports teams, heal…Read more
Gym Manager Tasks
- Manage budget to maximize profits, overseeing the payroll and department expenditures.
- Meet with gym staff and owner to facilitate communication of objectives, needs, and concerns.
- Direct all aspects of the gym, including membership, front desk, facility maintenance, classes, and programs.
- Set short and long term goals, plan future improvements and expansion.
- Maintain a positive relationship between customers and the fitness club through effective communication and outreach.
Explore the most common career paths for Gym Manager. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Gym Manager Job Listings
Popular Skills for Gym Manager
Skills in Operations Management, Customer Service and Team Management are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay by Experience Level for Gym Manager
An early career Gym Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £23,253 based on 23 salaries. A mid-career Gym Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £23,945 based on 9 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 32 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
£23k - £55k
£10k - £23k
£18k - £35k
£14k - £24k
£14k - £22k
£18k - £35k
£13k - £24k
£12k - £23k
£13k - £24k
£20k - £42k