Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Social Work Supervisor is £44,876
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Social Work Supervisors?
A mid-career Social Work Supervisor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of £40,652 based on 6 salaries. An experienced Social Work Supervisor with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of £41,922 based on 8 salaries. In their late …Read more
What Do Social Work Supervisors Do?
Social work supervisors function primarily in a supervisory role, guiding the activities of less experienced social workers within their organization. There is also a significant administrative component of the position, as social work supervisors help run the social work program within an organization.
In terms of leadership duties, social work supervisors act primarily in a mentoring role, meeting frequently with direct-report social workers to review cases, critique work, and offer …Read more
- Supervise, support, and evaluate a team of social workers in day-to-day operations.
- Educate clients on options and make referrals to other agencies.
- Review and improve recommendations and treatment plans, including identifying psychological tests or other unmet needs.
- Offer guidance and assistance with complex or difficult cases, including coordination of services.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulations and documentation practices.