Avg. Base Salary (GBP)
The average salary for a Veterinary Nurse is £20,773
What Do Veterinary Nurses Do?
A veterinary nurse works with veterinarians to ensure that clients' pets are properly cared for and have their health needs met.
The veterinary nurse must be friendly and comfortable with animals, able to work well with both clients and their pets; clients may be upset in emergency scenarios, so the veterinary nurse must be able to calmly and appropriately deal with distressed clients. Aside from interacting with clients to manage expectations and diffuse stressful situations, the veterinary …Read more
- Interact with animals and clients to document health, symptoms and concerns.
- Review inventory and place orders for stock.
- Analyze samples and interpret results.
- Clean and sanitize rooms, equipment and tools.
- Prepare animals and perform procedures.