Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Account Executive is $62,500
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Account Executives?
An early career Account Executive with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $49,143 based on 7 salaries. An experienced Account Executive with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $85,500 based on 6 salaries.
What Do Account Executives Do?
An account executive usually holds a sales position, typically selling services and products to other businesses and individuals. Generally, the executive's company sets sales quotas that must be met to succeed in this position. The account executive may be provided with clients and/or carry out research and recruiting to gain prospective clients; some cold calling may be necessary. When prospective clients are identified, the executive must work to discover those potential clients' needs and …Read more
- Solicits and maintains contact with current and prospect key accounts.
- Sell the organization's products and/or services to established customers or new prospects.
- Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status.
- Handle entire inside sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed sales quotas.
- Attend special training of products and/or services to understand technical aspects of solutions.