Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Administrative Specialist is $18.01
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Administrative Specialists?
An entry-level Administrative Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.14 based on 9 salaries. An early career Administrative Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.59 based on 171 …Read more
What Do Administrative Specialists Do?
The administrative specialist for a department performs a variety of administrative and support functions necessary for the smooth operation of the department. They perform administrative and bookkeeping tasks, aid clients and staff in preparing forms and reports, and transfer information into a digital format as necessary. (Afterward, the digital information is often entered into the department database, and the administrative specialist is in charge of maintaining the records and the …Read more
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests.
- Supervise support clerical staff.
- Review, track and prepare budgets; maintain records and databases.
- Coordinate space and office organization; purchase and manage supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate office and/or departmental operations.