Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Assistant Director, Preschool is $14.92
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Assistant Director, Preschools?
An entry-level Assistant Director, Preschool with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $13.18 based on 11 salaries. An early career Assistant Director, Preschool with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $14.34 based on …Read more
What Do Assistant Director, Preschools Do?
The principal function of an assistant director for a preschool is to assist and work closely with the director of the preschool, performing a number of tasks that help ensure the facility functions effectively. They help create and develop the preschool's curriculum, as well as ensure curriculum implementation. Assistant directors for preschools work closely with the director to manage all aspects of the classroom experience; they also interact regularly with instructors, providing training, …Read more
- Work with the director and teachers to establish, evaluate, and revise curriculum.
- Assist the director with planning, managing, marketing, and directing a preschool.
- Teach and monitor children when needed.
- Maintain center paperwork, keeping files on each child and proof of meeting government regulations.
- Supervise and evaluate teachers, provide mentoring and training to help teachers improve their skills.