Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Assisted Living Executive Director is $72,094
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Assisted Living Executive Directors?
An entry-level Assisted Living Executive Director with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $60,000 based on 11 salaries. An early career Assisted Living Executive Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of …Read more
What Do Assisted Living Executive Directors Do?
Assisted living executive directors work primarily in nursing homes and retirement communities and are responsible for the day-to-day operations of their facilities. They direct and manage staff, ranging from administrative staff and housekeeping to kitchen staff, nurses, ground staff, and many others. They also communicate with residents’ family members and answer their questions, and are generally responsible for maintaining progress/complaint logs.
Executive directors in assisted living …Read more
- Serve as a member of senior management team.
- Direct the management and support staff in quality and compassionate care of patients.
- Ensure services are in compliance with professional, company policy standards and boarding regulations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with patients and families.
- Plan, direct and set the strategic direction of the assisted living program.