Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Benefits Analyst is $63,542
What Do Benefits Analysts Do?
A benefits analyst works closely with members of particular benefit plans, such as insurance plans and pension plans. They interact with members either in person, through e-mail, or via the telephone, helping them understand current coverage and potential future needs. Most of their time is spent reading benefit coverages and putting together plans of action for members, including explaining the details to those beneficiaries. Most benefit packages are regulated by state and federal law; a …Read more
- Ensure benefit plans are administered according to plan provisions and company's regulatory guidelines.
- Work with insurance carriers to resolve issues regarding eligibility and claims.
- Provide ongoing analysis on trends, legislative changes and best practices within the benefits field.
- Participate in cross-departmental budget review for benefit plans.
- Formulate solutions to solve needs regarding benefits.